JAN. 2017 - PRESENT
- Research and develop inflatable attachments for use in vehicle interiors (confidential project).
JAN. 2016 - PRESENT
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN SOLAR CAR TEAM
HEAD OF SOURCING & MANUFACTURING
RACE CREW 2016
- Led diverse team of LSA, Business, and Engineering students in the manufacturing of the fastest solar powered car in the nation. Manufacturing processes primarily included metals machining, creating composite molds with high quality surface finish and matching thermal expansion rates, and managing ply schedules for a variety of composite materials.
- Reviewed all mechanical designs for manufacturability, provided feedback to fix non-manufacturable designs, and identified all required manufacturing processes.
- Managed industry relations for all sponsors that provided advanced manufacturing services and in-kind donations. More than doubled the number manufacturing sponsors for the team.
- Developed pitch packet (digital and print) for potential sponsors. The packet was integral in raising over $1.5 million in monetary and in-kind donations for the 2-year project cycle.
- Led design and manufacturing for 1/5th scale prototype aero models for the 2017 car, to be used in wind tunnel testing for simulation validation.
- Managed race operations and logistics in the 2016 American Solar Challenge. Coordinated team of 20 race crew members in 5 vehicles, a semi-truck, and the solar car in a multi-day, 2,000 mile race across the Midwest (the team won by a record margin of 11 hours).
JAN. 2016 - APRIL 2016
BLUELAB WOVEN WIND
- Designed transmission and braking systems with unique packaging constraints for rooftop wind turbines. Also designed small scale transmission to be used as an educational tool.
MAY 2015 - SEPT. 2015
ENVIRONMENTAL DEFENSE FUND
Led research and development for the visual identity of “NutrientStar,” a certification program for nutrient management-based agriculture tools. Comprehensive identity system included logos, clear space & composition rules, typography, photography, color schemes, grid-based iconography, and art-style guidelines for future expansion of the brand.
Developed EDF infographic style guide; included icon set, graphs, timelines, and best practices for implementation. Icon set was created by rebuilding existing icons on a grid system with perfect geometries while retaining established visual style; set was then expanded to over 4 times its original size to include all desired icons. Icons were also optimized on a pixel grid to maintain visual coherence on small scales.
Created infographics for web applications using infographic style guide.
Wrote, edited, and researched material for the EDF “Solutions” newsletter, a monthly magazine distributed to an audience of over 100,000 readers.
Created infographics to be utilized on the EDF website and social media platforms.
JAN. 2014 - PRESENT
DESIGN CONSULTANT | LICENSED VENDOR
- Design social media graphics, typefaces, and other high visibility, web-based projects.
- Brands worked with: Athletic Coast Conference (ACC), Miami Marlins, Kentucky Derby.
JAN. 2011 - PRESENT
- Create logos and branding for a variety of clients ranging from local shops to national brands.
- Versatile experience with print, digital, and interactive projects.
- Brands worked with: New Era Cap Co., Walter’s Hot Dogs, WD Promotions, etc.